Friday, October 12, 2012

Halloween Fairies - Postcard Friendship Friday #137



Isn't this unusual vintage postcard just darling?  I have never found a Halloween Faery before!  It is the only one I could find. 

Actually, from what I could find online, Halloween Fairies are a fairly new tradition and a charming idea.

Some say the Halloween Fairy is not a faery at all.  It is said she might be a Banshee with a sweet tooth.  When the wind blows and taps at the windowpane, it is the Halloween Fairy who would love to share a few goodies.  Just like the Tooth  Fairy, the Halloween Fairy leaves a present behind in exchange for a fistful of Halloween treats.

The kids awaken to play with their present and there's less candy around for them to consume.  I really love this idea--I wish it had been around when my kids were small!

Have a lovely weekend, everyone! 

*  DON'T FORGET:  When you submit a postcard, be sure to put a link back to this page.  You can copy and paste the PFF badge, which has the link embedded.  Thank you!

*  NOTE: You don't have to stick to the theme I choose each Friday. Just put up the postcards you love and tell us why you like them.

*  REMINDER: Comments and links which contain advertising and do not refer to any of the following; Postcard Friendship Friday, mailboxes, the Post office, postcards or the love of postcards, will be deleted.  Lately, I've had to delete quite a few comments which are just ads. 












2 comments:

Aimee said...

Great card...I've never seen Halloween fairies!

VioletSky said...

This is a new story for me! Actually, this fairy looks more like a cross between a mermaid and a bat.